2. Identify and explain a similarity or difference between the goals of capitalism, socialism, and communism. using the chart attachment
3. Identify and explain a similarity or difference between business ownership in capitalism, socialism, and communism. using the chart attachment
SS172AW American Culture Week Two Discussion
Answer two of the following questions (drawing from Chapter 1 in Sternheimer’s book), and respond to at least one other student’s post afterward for a total of at least 400 words.
1. According to Sternheimer, what is the larger issue behind focusing on or blaming media for various social problems? What does the author believe are the more important underlying issues? Why might politicians, the public, and the media itself be reluctant to discuss these issues, in your opinion?
2. Why does Sternheimer believe that social context is so important in understanding fears about media and popular culture? What are “moral panics,” and what examples of moral panics does she provide in 20th century music? Do you see examples of similar, current moral panics in American culture?
3. What is “agenda-setting theory,” and how does the media itself ironically stoke public fears about media influence on children? How might a constructionist approach to social problems provide us with a more nuanced understanding of the supposed “harm” of popular culture?**
Important: The Discussion Board is meant to be collaborative and safe space for idea sharing and critical thinking. Since we do not have the visual cues and immediacy of feedback/response as in face to face conversation, please reread your responses carefully before you post them to make sure you are respectful of others in your printed conversation. Please proofread and spell-check your postings before submitting them.
On the discussion board no personal attacks will be tolerated, however, differences of opinion are acceptable and encouraged, though, again, make sure your responses are respectful. Finally, from time to time, I will also post my personal thoughts and opinions on the discussion board. In no way are students expected to conform to or follow along with my personal beliefs—in fact, students should feel free to respectfully disagree with me or to offer counter-opinions at any time.
Note: In general, you are required to post a minimum of one response to each of the two discussion questions AND one response to another student’s (or instructor’s) posting per week. Thus, a minimum of three discussion postings totaling a minimum of 400 words are required each week. (Please note that your response posting should be just as substantive as your responses to the discussion questions. Thus, brief responses such as “Good posting, I agree with you!” are not acceptable for full credit.) Discussion board postings are graded according to the criteria listed on the Discussion Board Grading Rubric below.
History Assignment Help Please use your textbook to answer both discussion questions. You are required to solely use your textbook, Chapters 3
Please use your textbook to answer both discussion questions.
You are required to solely use your textbook, Chapters 3