Klocko et al. (2015) explored the extent to which four stressors related to writing might contribute to doctoral students’ anxiety: (1) doctoral-level writing dispositions, (2) researcher view of writing, (3) emotional response to feedback and critique, and (4) writing efficacy.
This is an example of scholarly writing. Transitioning from a practitioner way of writing—e.g., reports, case histories, referrals—to scholarly writing can be challenging. In part, the mindset of being a practitioner is different from that of the mindset of a scholar. Furthermore, scholarly writing involves more scrutiny. Think about peer-reviewed journal articles. They have been evaluated and scrutinized heavily by other scholars before they are published. This may seem daunting and intimidating. Or, as Klocko et al. say above, receiving feedback and critique can provoke feelings of inadequacy and anxiety.
The characteristics of scholarly writing are not a mystery, however. They can be identified, analyzed, and known. Knowing what is expected and adapting your behavior accordingly can be another way to relieve anxiety. In this Discussion, you analyze the characteristics of scholarly writing.
Read the Klocko et al. (2015) article found in the Learning Resources.
Review Walden University’s Writing Center.
Review the Walden University Writing Center’s Paper Review service.
By Day 4
Post a response to the following:
In 3–4 sentences, compare the differences between the writing style of a practitioner and the scholarly style of writing.
The first five questions in Table 2 on page 27 of the Klocko et al. (2015) article touch on behavior responses to improving scholarly writing. Select one of these behavioral strategies and discuss how you will incorporate it into your writing process.
To prepare: 1. Explore an evidence-based tool about suicide risk assessment and safety planning. See the list SOCW 6090To prepare:
1. Explore an evidence-based tool about suicide risk assessment and safety planning. See the list SOCW 6090
2. Watch the “Suicide Assessment Interview” segment in the Sommers-Flanagan (2014) video to assess how it compares to your findings. TRANSCRIPT Sent
3. Access the Walden Library to research scholarly resources related to suicide and Native American populations. THIS IS AN ARTICLE FROM THE LIBRARY:
Guittar, N.A. (2012). On and Off the Reservation: A Discussion of the Social, Physical, and Mental Health Indicators of Suicide in the Native American Community. Sociology Compass, 6(3), 236-243. https://doi/.org/10.1111/j.1751-9020.2011.00445.x
Post a response in which you address the following:
1. Identify and discuss elements of Dr. Sommers-Flanagan’s suicide risk assessment. TRANSCRIPT SENT
2. Describe the elements of safety planning that you would put in place as Tommi’s social worker in the first week and in the first months.
3. Identify a suicide risk assessment tool you would use at future sessions to identify changes in her risk level. Explain why you would use this tool.
4. Explain any adjustments or enhancements that might be helpful given Tommi’s cultural background. Support your ideas with scholarly resources.
RESOURCES: Transcriipts sent via email should you be unable to access the video.
– APA format, 5 paragraph essay –> Check ‘Final Research Essay’ and ‘Final Research Essay Rubric’ for more info EssaySociology Assignment Help – APA format, 5 paragraph essay –> Check ‘Final Research Essay’ and ‘Final Research Essay Rubric’ for more info
– ‘RESEARCH ESSAY’ is where my sources are; if possible to use them but as long as they are from academic source should be good.
– ‘Research Essay Proposal’ is a idea of what it would’ve looked like. Feel free to change it
Researchers have studied and written about the topic of spirituality extensively. In social work, spirituality is a crucial factor EssayResearchers have studied and written about the topic of spirituality extensively. In social work, spirituality is a crucial factor to consider when working with clients, families, communities, and organizations. In their article, Hodge and Derezotes (2008) take a topic—spirituality—and analyze how spirituality is conceptualized and studied from an empiricist (logical positivist) perspective and how it contrasts with a postmodernist perspective. Similarly, in this Discussion, you put on a postmodernist lens to see how your potential doctoral capstone topic will look. Remember that the ontological, axiological, and epistemological assumptions you hold will then influence how you go about studying the topic.
Review the following resources from your Learning Resources this week:
The article, “Postmodernism and Spirituality: Some Pedagogical Implications for Teaching Content on Spirituality” from the Journal of Social Work Education.
Chapter 5, “Feminist Theory” from the text Contemporary Human Behavior Theory: A Critical Perspective for Social Work.
ASC success strategies: Microsoft Office: Microsoft PowerPoint from the Walden Academic Skills Center.
Review the remaining required resources from your Learning Resources this week, and cite at least one additional resource in your posts.
By Day 4
Post a response to the following:
Using the same doctoral capstone topic or problem from last week, in 3–4 sentences, analyze the ontological, axiological, epistemological, and methodological assumptions when viewing your topic from a postmodernist lens.
Explain how your approach to studying this topic from a postmodernist lens compares to a logical positivist lens.
Explain how one advantage and one disadvantage of using a postmodernist lens affects the study of your topic or problem.
my topic *Why are African American Males least likely to seek therapy
We Offer Fast, Confidential Academic Writing Services
Get assignment help from the best academic help website. We have professors and expert writers ready to help you beat deadlines and score A+ grades.
We write all kinds of assignments. We offer high-quality online academic writing services on any subject.
· Essay Writing Help
· Assignment Help
· Homework Help
· Case Study writing help
· Research Paper help
· Research Proposal writing help
· Online Exam and quiz assistance
· Dissertation Writing Service
· Thesis Writing Help
Need other services? Contact us for a quote.
We cover all subjects, including
· Computer science
· Information technology
· Social sciences
· Physical sciences
Yes. Expect high-quality assignment solutions along with their detailed explanations as part of your order. In line with our plagiarism-free policy, your completed order will include a free copy of the Turnitin report to verify that the content is original and custom-written for you.
· We provide correctly completed papers that meet all the criteria and instructions.
· Properly researched content that meets the expectations of your instructors.
· You get to work with a highly dedicated professional that can guarantee your success from the word go.
Yes. We ensure timely delivery of all custom papers you order to ensure that you never miss your deadlines.
Contact us any time via WhatsApp, live chat, or email. We have a dedicated round-the-clock customer support service with a highly experienced team specially trained to answer all your queries.
Communicate directly with your writer and get frequent updates on your order.
We have top-notch experts to help you achieve top grades: – All our assignment writers are native English speakers; have PhDs or Masters; possess in-depth knowledge of appropriate writing and formatting styles such as APA, MLA, Harvard, Chicago, AMA and more; and adhere to the highest standards to deliver well-written A+ assignments.
• Native writers
• Subject-matter experts
• Academic veterans
o Former students
• Industry professionals
The most affordable pricing for high-quality assignment help services: from just $7 per page.
· Get the best assignment help at the best prices in the market!
· Get any revisions free of charge.
Get high-quality custom papers at affordable prices from our expert writers.
- Free revision
- Free plagiarism check
- Free title page
- Free formatting
- Free bibliography
- Free simple outline (on request)
- 100% confidentiality
- BA, MA, and PhD degree writers
- No Plagiarism
- 24/7/365 Customer Support
- Quality research and writing
- No hidden charges
- Never resold works
- 100% authenticity
- Secure payment processing
Essay Writing at Profs Only
Review This Service