about the play Hamlet:
1. Does Hamlet really love Ophelia?
2. Is Claudius completely evil?
3. Does Ophelia commit suicide?
4. Does Gertrude redeem herself by the end of the play?
5. Is Hamlet a coward?
6. Is Hamlet suffering from an Oedipus Complex?
English Two Part Question
TWO PART QUESTION
1. From the theme you focused on this semester, choose three authors whose works you are interested in learning more about. Research at least two sources for each author to find out more about them and the works that you read. Do not use encyclopedias or Wikipedia. You may want to consult scholar.google.com or some of the databases on the Volpe Library website.Compose a 1-page double-spaced, Times New Roman 12, discussion for each author/work and how you see it fitting your theme for this semester. What from the author’s life/experience and historical events at the time of writing informs these points? Explain, including quotes from the two sources and the author’s story/poem/play. Cite all materials from sources in MLA 9 style and end with a Works Cited page of those sources.
2. Consider the points you focused on in #1 in context of today’s world. Do some research in the news about the theme today. How have the primary points/issues changed in today’s context? Or have they not? Why? What historical points are still relevant? What has changed? Why? Howdo you think your authors would respond today based on what you’ve learned about them? Compose a 1-2 page double-spaced, Times New Roman 12, discussion answering the above questions in essay form. Quote, paraphrase, and document from at least two sources, both fromthe stories and from outside sources, in MLA 9 style. No encyclopedias or Wikipedia. Include a Works Cited page in MLA 9 style at the end of this section.
Theme: Cultural Memory/Family
MLA 9 style guide: owl.english.purdue.edu
LIST OF AUTHORS AND WORKS READ:
Kathleen Ruska (AKA Oodgeroo Noonuccal)- We Are Going
Archie Weller- Going Home
N. Scott Momaday- The Way to Rainy Mountain
2 mins ago
English Assignment Help This project can be done through PowerPoint, Google Slide Show, or Prezi. You are persuading your audience to take action on a current social issue. For example: Social distancing can save lives; Donate Blood, Stop Smoking, etc. You can choose your own topic; however, it should not be a topic that we have already used in class. Email me your topic if you are unsure if your topic is acceptable. You should have at least eight content slides and an additional works cited slide and title slide for a total of 10 slides.
Here is a link to examples of how to make a PSA slideshow and examples of Slideshow PSAs. You do not have to do your PSA the same as the examples. You have creative control.
few seconds ago
A Critical Response of Nicholas Carr, “Is Google Making Us Stupid?”, not simply agree or disagreeing with the subject,
A Critical Response of Nicholas Carr, “Is Google Making Us Stupid?”, not simply agree or disagreeing with the subject, but rather a critical examination of the text. With a strong emphasis on a good/strong thesis clearly governing a well reasoned discussion as well a good use of textual evidence to support reasoning, however not overreliance on quotation. There need to be a small research element of the paper, at lest the use of two other authoritative sources to support the discussion.
Any questions just hit me up, Thanks
I really like The Judgment of Thamus story and how Nicholas Carr makes use of it, if you think its relevant to the discussion you make.
Link to the article: https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2008/07/is-google-making-us-stupid/306868/