**The growing compensation inequity between executive management and the average employee threatens to destabilize organizational morale and societal justice.
Guided Response: Be sure to cite at least two scholarly references, in addition to the course text and the article. I will deduct points for failure to include 2 full references and to cite from each one a minimum of one time in your in-text narrative.
Weathington, B. L.
The Future of Management
**** Your initial response is due on or before this Friday (1/14) at 11:59 pm. Please cite your sources and follow the guidelines in your syllabus for care and respect. Two well-thought-out responses to your peers are due on or before Sunday (1/16) at 11:59 pm. ****
AI, Automation, and the Future of Work: Ten Things to Solve For
This executive briefing, which draws on research from the McKinsey Global Institute, examines both the promise and the challenge of automation and AI in the workplace and outlines some of the critical issues relevant for managers. In the post-COVID-19 era, technology will continue to transform the nature of work and the role of managers (…like Zoom for instance). For example, machines will be able to carry out more of the tasks done by humans, complement the work that humans do, and even perform some tasks that go beyond what humans can do. As a result, managers will need to acquire new skills and continuously adapt themselves to advances in the workplace.
After reading the McKinsey brief, how do you feel about having management responsibilities in today’s world, characterized by uncertainty, ambiguity, and rapid changes in the modern business environment? What skills and competencies do you think are important for managers to have when considering the future of management?
In your response, be sure to reference specific examples from either this week’s readings or the McKinsey article.
2. Watch the video on the Hawthorne Studies and then answer the following questions in 2-5 pages (double-spaced):
What were the most significant outcomes of the Hawthorne Studies?
Why are findings from the studies surprising (or not surprising) to you?
Describe how viewing organizations as a social systems has important implications for modern-day management practices.
Management Assignment Help Technology, the Music Industry, and Apple: What’s Behind the Change?
This paper will be individually researched and written. Each student is to research and write their own individual paper regarding the assigned topic set forth below.
· Each paper must be a minimum of two (2) and a maximum of three (3) pages, double spaced· Written in 12-point Arial font (this syllabus is 12 Arial)· Each paper must include a Bibliography setting forth a minimum of two (2) and a maximum of four (4) resources utilized in the drafting of the paper. The text is not to be considered a resource
This is an individual assignment. It must be your individual work and research. Your paper should be written with the same level of competency you would use for a paper you would give to your employer, your supervisor, or anyone who can seriously affect your career or life. Take time to write a great paper, watch spelling, watch punctuation, and make your paper excellent piece of work.
· Topic: This is a brief written assignment. In 1000 to 1500 words, please explain 1) How technology, Apple, and other factors drove change in the music industry 2) How this “set the stage” for broader media industry changes and 3) Why you think these major changes shook an industry and forced change. You may use some of the information discussed in class, but the majority of your content should be researched. Please cite your sources.
· There’s no “right answer” or “silver bullet” response here rather, I would like to read your strategic and analytical thinking and business understanding of how and why these major changes took place (and continue to take place).
· Please note that this exercise is not a platform for personal stories or personal perspectives, such as one’s “love of music”—rather, please analyze this as you would any other industry and please maintain a business-oriented, objective, and professional perspective to your written assignment.
· If you would like, you can finish your paper by predicting changes based on a current event. Your paper must have an introduction (with a thesis statement), body paragraphs as needed, and a conclusion.Grading Criteria for Written Assignment # 1
· Understanding of Subject Matter- How effectively and comprehensively did the student demonstrate their understanding of the subject matter, its relationship to the business community, issues posed, and their analysis of those issues.
· Effectiveness of Research – As evidenced by the Bibliography of sources utilized to draft the paper. Your paper should be no more than three (3) pages long, 12-point Arial, with footnotes, and a complete Bibliography. It should be written with the same level of excellence you would use for a paper you would give to your employer, your supervisor, or anyone who can seriously affect your career or life.
Step (1): Types of Communities Provide a defining paragraph (3-4 sentences) for each noted community. Types of Communities: There Essay
Step (1): Types of Communities
Provide a defining paragraph (3-4 sentences) for each noted community.
Types of Communities: There are (3) notable types of communities
Rural, Urban and Suburban
Step (2): Community as sociological construct
· Provide a summary of the type of community you currently reside in; provide examples on how you came to your conclusion, based on the definition(s) provided in step 1.
· Provide a defining paragraph (3-4 sentences) for each noted social structure within the community your currently reside in.
A social structure within a community is usually defined as
Culture, Norms, Values, Status
Step (3): Bartle – Dimensions of Community
Dimensions of Community – a healthy community is a place to live where the citizens:
· Economic, Social, Physical, Cultural, and Spiritual needs are met.
· Work together for mutual enhancements.
· Contribute to creating a healthier/improved future.
Step (4): U.S. Census Bureau
U.S. Census Bureau:
Attach a copy of the July 1, 2021, US Census Population Estimates based on the community you currently reside in
· Bartle (2011) – WHAT IS COMMUNITY? A Sociological Perspective
· Bartle (2011) – Community Characteristics
· Community Tool Box (2018) – Chapter 3, Section 2. Understanding and Describing the Community
· Bowling Together – An Interview with Robert Putnam
· Pew Research Center (2015) – Race and Social Connections – Friends, Family and Neighborhoods