QUESTION 1:Recall that |g| means the absolute value of g, so that if y = |g| then y = 4 when g = -2 and also when g = 2. A friend has given you a strange function (the absolute value of polynomial), which is:
y = |-3×3 2×2 – 7x 7000|
Use solver in excel to find the value of X that gives the smallest possible value of y. Note it is okay for you to build your formula for y in steps and and them sum up at the end. So you can check your formula is working okay, if x = 20, the value of y is 16,340.
Important: round your answer to the two decimal places, for example, 20.235 should be expressed as 23.24 and 23.234 would be 23.23. If you calculate 34.0000 then enter 34.00. Do not enter extra decimal places, the equals sign, a space, any text, etc. ONLY enter your answer in 12.34 format (number only, 2 decimal places). If you enter your number in the wrong format or with anything extraneous you will miss the problem.
QUESTION 2: Please refer to the “Assignment 1 Information Sheet” (posted under course documents) and reference matrices A and B. In A, replace x with 11 and replace y with 2. In B, replace z with 4. If M = AB, what is the value in the third row and first column of matrix M? Important: Enter only an integer number…do not include a space, an equals sign, comma, text, or anything else. If you do not follow this carefully you can lose points.
QUESTION 3: Please refer to the “Assignment 1 Information Sheet” (posted under course documents) and reference matrices C and D. In C, replace x with -2, and in D, replace y with -25 and z with -1. If P = CTDC, what is the result? (Note the result is an integer). Important: Enter only an integer number…do not include a space, an equals sign, comma, text, or anything else. If you do not follow this carefully you can lose points.
QUESTION 4: You are planning your dinner, which will consist of a 6-ounce fruit smoothie, B blueberries, and M mushroom “meat”balls. The 6-ounce smoothie has 500 calories, each blueberry has 0.80 calories, and each mushroom meatball has 40 calories. In addition to the smoothie, you wish to eat 55 additional items (e.g., 10 blueberries and 2 meatballs would be only 12 additional items), and you wish to eat 740 total calories. How many blueberries should you eat? Enter your answer as an integer only (no equals sign, no text, no space, no decimal places, etc.).
QUESTION 5:Consider the equation ( 2 12x )0.50 = 7. Note on the left-hand side, the term in ( ) is raised to the power of 1/2, i.e., the square root is taken. What is the value of X? (Hint…use the natural log function). Important: round your answer to the two decimal places, for example, 20.235 should be expressed as 23.24 and 23.234 would be 23.23. If you calculate 34.0000 then enter 34.00. Do not enter extra decimal places, the equals sign, a space, any text, etc. ONLY enter your answer in 12.34 format (number only, 2 decimal places). If you enter your number in the wrong format or with anything extraneous you will miss the problem.
QUESTION 1: Over a 12 month period, Professor Burch tracked his monthly change in weight in pounds (Y), and the number of chocolate bars he ate each month (X). He estimated a regression to see whether chocolate bar consumption helped predict weighted change. Refer to class discussion and/or how problem #1 in the practice problems for probability and statistics II is answered, to answer a few questions. Here is some information about the underlying data:
Arithmetic average of Y: 1.30
Arithmetic average of X: 13.6
Correlation between Y and X: 0.784474
The first question is: What is the value of “Beta” (the coefficient on X)? Please round and express your answer to 2 decimal places…do not enter text, an equals sign, space, etc.
QUESTION 2: For the regression in the prior problem, using your rounded answer for beta (e.g., if you had calculated 0.206, your rounded answer would have been 0.21 and please use that, as in 0.210000000 in this calculation), calculate the value of alpha. Round your answer to 2 decimal places…the usual instructions about entering the answer apply.
QUESTION 3: Based on your rounded value of Beta (to two decimal places) and your rounded value of alpha (to two decimal places), what is the change in weight (Y) that is predicted if Professor Burch consumed 10 chocolate bars? Round your answer to two decimal places…the usual instructions about entering the answer apply.
QUESTION 4: Rounded to THREE decimal places (with the usual entry instructions), what is the R-squared of the regression? (If you use any prior answers, use them rounded as they were asked to be rounded)
Note the answer is to be rounded to and expressed as THREE decimal places (not two).
Statistics Assignment Help Question 1: X is a discrete random variable with a 40% chance of 2 and a 60% of 19. What is the standard deviation of X? Enter your answer rounded to the nearest 4 decimal places…e.g., 3.1234 and do not include text, a space, an equals sign, or any other punctuation. Include 4 and only 4 decimal places.
Question 2: There are two states of the world, GOOD and BAD where GOOD and BAD are equally likely. If the state of the world is BAD then the random variable X has a value of 6 and the random variable Y has a value of 13. If the state of the world is GOOD then the random variable X has a value of 6 and the random variable Y has a value of 8. What is the covariance between X and Y? (The formula is on slide 26 in your notes and question 2b in the practice problem set begins with a covariance calculation (note, however, that here you are asked for the covariance and not the correlation coefficient!). Round your answer to the nearest integer (no decimal places). Do not include a a space, equals sign, space, or any punctuation or text.
Question 3: You have a sample of data drawn from a normal distribution. The null hypothesis is that the mean is 25 and the alternative hypothesis is that the mean is not equal to that value. The sample contains 40 observations, and the standard deviation of those observations is 8. Of course, you have calculated a sample mean (the arithmetic average of the observations). To test the hypothesis, you use the NORMDIST function in excel to calculate a two-test p-value as follows (except you would, of course, enter numerical values for a, b, m, and s below):
NORMDIST(a,m,s,True) ( 1 – NORMDIST(b,m,s,True) ).
What should be the value for s?
Round your answer to the nearest two decimal places, e.g., 5.12. Do not include punctuation, a space, and equals sign, text, or extra digits (5.118 should be expressed as 5.12, and 5.124 should also be expressed as 5.12)
QUESTION 4: You have recorded a 3-observation sample: 6, 22, and 37. Calculate the “sample standard deviation.” Make sure you carry out all intermediate calculations to any decimal places so you will be accurate at the end. Or, you could use an excel formula. Round your answer to the nearest two decimal places, such as 5.12. Do not enter an equals sign, a space, text, or any other punctuation, and do not enter extra decimal places.
Please complete a two page word doc; double spaced. I will provide the textbook chapter and powerpoint for reference.
Please complete a two page word doc; double spaced. I will provide the textbook chapter and powerpoint for reference. Here are the assignment details:
A maker of energy drinks is considering abandoning can containers and going exclusively to bottles because the sales manager believes customers prefer drinking from bottles. However, the vice president in charge of marketing is not convinced the sales manager is correct. Investigate this issue using statistical analysis.
1. Explain which data collection method you would use and what procedures you would follow to apply this method to this situation.
2. Propose which level of data measurement applies to the data collected. Justify your answer.
3. Determine whether the data is qualitative or quantitative.
4. Submit your work in a Word document.