This purpose of this assignment is for the student to present a complete picture of interdisciplinary care using specific therapeutic modalities in the care of a complex adult health client. The student will demonstrate clinical reasoning skills and will discuss interdisciplinary care that had been incorporated and/or anticipated using a healthcare technology or therapeutic modality for the care of the complex health client.
Course outcomes: This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
1. Provide patient and family centered nursing care to adults with complex health needs using theories and principles of nursing and related disciplines. (PO 1)
2. Initiate the use of appropriate resources in direct care responsibilities within complex adult health situations. (PO 2)
3. Demonstrate effective therapeutic communication and relationship skills in family centered nursing care to adults with complex health needs. (PO 3)
4. Demonstrate effective clinical decision making based on critical thinking skills and legal, ethical, and professional standards and principles when caring for patients and families with complex adult health needs. (POs 4 and 6)
5. Implement a plan of care for continued personal, professional, and educational development related to nursing practice with complex adult health situations. (PO 5)
7. Use evidence including research findings from nursing and related disciplines to answer clinical questions related to nursing care of patients with complex adult health needs. (PO 8)
Due date: Your faculty member will inform you when this assignment is due. The Late Assignment Policy applies to this assignment.
Total points possible: 100 points
Preparing the assignment
Follow these guidelines when completing this assignment. Speak with your faculty member if you have questions.
1) Choose a therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
2) Examples of a therapeutic modality include Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation, Automatic rotating pronation beds, right and/or left ventricular assist devices, nontraditional ventilator modes.
3) Examples of healthcare technology can include regional O2 saturation monitoring (NIRS).
4) Refer to your faculty member if your selection requires prior approval.
5) Write a 4-5 page paper (not including the title page or reference page) using APA format.
6) For APA, formatting, or grammar assistance visit the APA Citation and Writing page in the online library.
7) Include the following sections (detailed criteria listed below and in the Grading Rubric):
a. Introduction – 5 points/5%
• The chosen therapeutic modality or healthcare technology meets one of the following criteria:
o Has been introduced recently at the bedside for care of the complex adult patient.
o Is a non-traditional modality for very ill patients in special circumstances.
o Is being used in a new way to treat a patient with complex needs.
o Requires specific training above and beyond general entry-level nursing education.
• Introduce the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
NR341 Complex Adult Health
RUA Interdisciplinary Management of Healthcare Technology Guidelines
• Name the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
• A brief fictional case is used to illustrate the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
b. Explanation and Background– 15 points/15%
• Include a clear description of the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
• Discuss how the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology works.
• Describe the patient population it is used for.
• Include medication, safety, and cost considerations as applicable.
c. Risks and Benefits– 15 points/15%
• Describe how the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology can benefit the patient.
• Discuss ways to promote positive outcomes.
• Explain the complications that may arise.
• Discuss considerations for preventing complications.
d. Interdisciplinary team’s Roles and Responsibilities– 20 points/20%
• Identify all interdisciplinary team members caring for the patient, such as respiratory therapy, assistive personnel, providers, case managers, clinical nurse specialists, and researchers.
• Describe the roles and responsibilities of each member of the healthcare team that is involved in the use of the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
• Discuss the roles and responsibilities of the nurse as a member of the interdisciplinary team caring for the patient.
e. Nursing Scope of Practice – 15 points/15%
• Discuss the knowledge needed for the Registered Nurse to provide care for the patient using the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
• Describe skills needed for the Registered Nurse to provide care for the patient using therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
• Discuss attitudes needed for the Registered Nurse to provide care for the patient using therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
f. Patient Education – 20 points/20%
• Describe the information to be taught to the patient and/or family.
• Discuss how information will be taught.
• Explain how the effectiveness of the teaching will be evaluated.
g. Conclusion – 5 points/5%
• Provide a summary of the paper.
• No new information is introduced.
• Include additional resources for further learning.
h. APA Style and Organization – 5 points/5%
• References are submitted with paper.
• Uses current APA format and is free of errors.
• Grammar and mechanics are free of errors.
• At least three (3), nursing, scholarly, peer reviewed, primary sources from the last 5 years, excluding the textbook, are provided.
Power Point 10
Each student will select a topic that they feel presents an ethical dilemma. Certain topics may be of a sensitive nature and somewhat subjective; therefore, if you have any questions or are struggling to identify a topic, reach out to your instructor for guidance. Each student will create/submit a PowerPoint Presentation that addressed each element identified in the assignment guidelines. Here is a list of some topics that have been used in the past for this assignment. You can also identify your own topic. Topic Ideas · Same-sex parenting/adoption/surrogates · Organ donation and transplant issues · Stem cell transplants and cord blood banking · Sperm and/or Egg preservation in teens (usually those diagnosed with cancer) · Circumcision and/or female genital alterations · Parental refusal of medical treatments due to religious or cultural beliefs (e.g. blood transfusions, medications) · Child refusing treatment (e.g. wants to stop chemotherapy for cancer) · Gender-neutral parenting · Munchausen Syndrome · End-of-Life Care/Decision-Making · Neglect and Abuse (physical abuse, sexual abuse, starving, over demanding, drug-addicted at birth) · Health Insurance Issues (e.g. lack of coverage, coverage denials, access to care) · Foster care for medically needy children · Teen seeking birth control, pregnancy care, or abortion (without parental guidance) · Separated or divorced parents fighting during hospitalization · Parents with HIV/AIDS having children · Social isolation due to homeschooling or other alternate schooling options · Behavioral health patients boarding on Pediatric Medical-Surgical units Assignment Guidelines · Dilemma description (25 points)- Identify the chosen ethical dilemma and identify the key elements (who, what, when, how, why) · Identify the resources at the clinical agency or in the community to assist dealing with the chosen ethical dilemmas (10 points)- Identify resources available for your chosen dilemma. Identify resources available through your clinical facility and in the community (including organizations for your specific topic). · Writing Style, APA format, Grammar/Spelling/Mechanics (5points)- All references used should be scholarly/reputable and must be cited using current edition APA format. If you need assistance with APA formatting, refer to https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/apa_style/apa_formatting_and_style_guide/general_format.html
DB C1. Before you start really studying the material for this course think about the field of Psychology. Then activate (draw upon) your prior knowledge, wondering, and understanding of what you think the world of Psychology is all about. Express your thoughts about what you know or think about Psychology and what you wonder about Psychology and what puzzles you about Psychology as you “Think-Puzzle-Explore” the possibilities of the world of Psychology. In the “Nature-Nurture” debate ( p217-219 in the text) about intelligence SUMMARIZE the HEART, ESSENCE, or CORE of your perceptions of the “Nature-Nurture” debate. What do you now believe about trying to remember long lists of things and GIVE YOUR REASONING WITH EVIDENCE about WHAT MAKES YOU SAY THAT.After studying the material on ?The Serial Position Effect which indicates we tend NOT to recall information which is found in the middle of a long list of material
Compare and contrast DHS APPS
A. Within each APP there are different sectors of the DHS reporting their progress. Select any one of those sectors [FEMA, USCG, etc…]. B. Compare and contrast what was reported by DHS about that sector this year and last year. C. Why the difference[s]? What happened?
Prior to completing this discussion, read the required materials from the Shaffer (2011) text, as well as the Berzonsky (2004), Fiese (2013), and Burkitt (2010) articles. Review the PSY605: Mila Singer Life Storydocument. Choose one aspect of Mila’s life to alter. This element can be an event, a personal characteristic, an environmental factor, or an aspect of the timeline. In your initial post, identify the original life story element you intend to change and explain how you intend to change it. Use Erikson’s psychosocial stages of development to explain Mila’s stage of development at the time this change takes place and address how the change affects Mila’s psychological development into adulthood. After identifying the initial change and describing it, create a list of three additional outcomes in Mila’s development across the lifespan that will likely be affected by this change. For each, identify the current outcome in Mila’s life story and propose a rationale for changing this outcome. Apply either Bronfenbrenner’s ecological systems theory or Vygotsky’s sociocultural theory to Mila’s life to create a hypothesis as to how and why these outcomes would likely adjust due to the changes you have made. Briefly summarize your personal reaction(s) to making the initial change and how it altered the subsequent outcomes. Explain how differences in life events create differences in human development. Guided Response: Review several of your colleagues’ posts and respond to at least two of your peers who altered different life events than you by 11:59 p.m. on Day 7 of the week. You are encouraged to post your required replies earlier in the week to promote more meaningful and interactive discourse in this discussion. Identify outcomes that were similar to and different from those in your initial post. Apply the principles of equifinality and multifinality from the Schaffer (2011) reading to draw comparisons between the initial changes and outcomes within Mila’s life story that you and your classmate noted. Continue to monitor the discussion forum until 5:00 p.m. (Mountain Time) on Day 7 of the week and respond to anyone who replies to your initial post. Carefully review the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate this Discussion Thread.
Assignment Details 300 words and reference Reflecting on the focus and content of this course, what is an important challenge facing management of health care organizations today, and how would you go about addressing it? Explain.
3 Mini Activities
Activity 1: Instructions Your task is to find and read a brief case (from any state), where a victim filed a civil suit against a person who has been convicted of a crime against said victim. Paste a link to the civil case decision, and discuss: The claim against the perpetrator as alleged by the victim Whether the perpetrator was found liable or not What compensation was ordered, if any The reason(s) for the court’s decision Activity 2 By now, hopefully you have read the case analysis module, topic 3 as assigned. This selection includes a detailed lesson on how to brief a case. This exercise will help you begin practicing what you have learned. The following case is an appeal related to a crime that disturbed and shocked many because of its nature and the fact that it occurred in an upscale, gated suburban community. Read the appellate decision by the Maryland Court of Appeals in the link below and complete the following: http://www.mdcourts.gov/opinions/coa/2014/34a13.pdf 3. For students whose last names begin with L-Z, I want you to draft the holdings (yes, there are a few since more than one issue/question was presented) in the case, again, about 2-3 paragraphs. Submit this in your assignment folders only. Next, I want you to tell me what you thought of the court’s decision (your critique, in other words). Do you agree with the holdings? Why or why not? Do you think the court failed to consider any facts? What did you think of the petitioner’s arguments? Feel free to add any other relevant comments. Activity 3 Mrs. Green, 70, was shopping at a drug store with her niece. She walked slowly, with her niece holding her arm. While walking down the cosmetics aisle, she and her niece maneuvered around an employee who was restocking makeup from a stack of cardboard boxes placed in the middle of the aisle. Despite her attempts to walk around the boxes, her left toe caught on the corner of the bottom box, and she fell to the floor. Her head hit a bottom shelf. Because she had hit her head and appeared disoriented, an ambulance was called to transport her to the hospital. She was admitted because she was diagnosed with a concussion, and because doctors discovered she was dehydrated. Now, Mrs. Green is contemplating litigation against the drug store because of her injuries and medical expenses, and she has retained an attorney. As the paralegal, you are tasked with researching applicable cases so that the attorney can determine whether Mrs. Green would prevail in her lawsuit. 1. What area of law (meaning subject matter) would you research to find the cases? 2. What sorts of holdings would you expect the cases to have? 3. What possible argument(s) could Mrs. Green make in her suit against the drug store? 4. What possible counter-arguments could the drugstore make? The drugstore could argue that Mrs. Green’s fall was due to her being dehydrated. 5. Who do you think will prevail in the lawsuit, and why? Be specific in your responses.
Week 4 Assignment 3: Waterfall Versus Agile
Assignment 3: Waterfall versus Agile Research agile methodologies including SCRUM and extreme programming (XP). Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you: Describe the waterfall methodology and identify its relationship to the PMBOK® process groups. Describe the agile methodology and identify its relationship to the PMBOK® process groups. Contrast waterfall and agile methodologies. Describe XP and defend or criticize the practice. Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources. Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements: Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length. The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are: Explain and apply the phases of the project management life cycle. Use technology and information resources to research issues in information systems and technology. Write clearly and concisely about Information Technology Project Management topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions. Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.
Introduction To Recruitment
Introduction to Recruitment Review the key federal legislation, particularly the following: Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 The Civil Rights Act of 1991 The Equal Employment Opportunity Act of 1972 Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 Americans with Disabilities Act The Immigration Reform & Control Act of 1986 Fair Labor Standards Act Create a PowerPoint presentation for a meeting to review these laws. In your PowerPoint presentation, explain to the key managers how these laws impact the recruitment and selection process. Be aware of any other state laws that may have additional requirements. In your discussion, explain how the laws intertwine. In addition, explain the repercussions for noncompliance. Explain how the number of employees in the company affects the company’s status if the company is not in compliance. Use the library, Internet, and other resources to research your response. For more information on creating PowerPoint presentations, please visit the PowerPoint Lab. Please refer to the following multimedia course material(s): Unit 1 Human Resource Management Recruitment and Selection Tool Planning Equal Employment and The Law The Role of Human Resources The Value of Compensation and Benefits Deliverable Length: 8-10 PowerPoint slides with notes 1-2 references
What do you think is the contributing factor(s) to the increase in suicide among active-duty service members? What measures can be taken to identify risk factors for suicide in active-duty service members? What is a suicide plan and what does it consist of?
How can community health nurses apply the strategies of cultural competence to their practice? Provide at least one example from each of the following four strategies: cultural preservation, cultural accommodation, cultural repatterning, and cultural brokering. What is a possible barrier to applying the strategy/example chosen? Use an example that is different than the postings of other students. This example should include an evidence-based article that addresses a cultural issue. Response should include an APA reference.