Submit the name of the company and the industry. Include a paragraph description about why you selected the company.
Your choice of company/organization can include either:
An organization of your choice that may be a non-profit, a social enterprise, or a different type of organization that is not necessarily a company, or
An organization or company you propose as an entrepreneurial endeavor, for which you are willing to complete the final paper as a proposal including the components of the organization expected to be analyzed for this assignment.
1-“How can an organization get started on the data analytics journey?” 2-“For each analytics project described in the scenario
1-“How can an organization get started on the data analytics journey?”
2-“For each analytics project described in the scenario case:
a-What do you think are the data sources required?
b-What kinds of analytics methods/techniques would you use to solve the problem?
c-What are the performance measures or indicators for analytics projects?
d-How do you measure the success of the project?
Analyze the readings and activities from the course so far and synthesize them into a well-organized and cohesive 4-6
Business Assignment Help Analyze the readings and activities from the course so far and synthesize them into a well-organized and cohesive 4-6 page paper.
As a new doctoral learner, you will be asked to learn and apply many concepts that are new to you. To do this, you must be able to assess your own ability to admit, understand, acknowledge, and recognize your weaknesses, your strengths, what you know, what you do not know, and ways to fill these gaps. After doing this, you must be able to synthesize new information, incorporating it into your professional understanding and practice. In this assessment, you will analyze the readings and activities presented in this course and synthesize them into a well-organized and cohesive paper. You will articulate your understanding of the terms cognitive differentiation and cognitive integration. You will explore the relationship between organizational redesign and business model innovation. Finally, you will examine the concept of ontological humility and the effects of assumptions and biases on decision making.
In this assessment, you will analyze the readings and activities from this course and synthesize them into a well-organized and cohesive paper. Use the APA Paper Template [DOCX] to complete this assessment.
This assessment is made up of multiple parts and should be completed in multiple sittings. It is recommended that you complete the following things in the prescribed order. Your paper should contain the following sections.
Write a solid introduction which explains to the reader the different parts of the assessment. Your introduction should include a hook, background information, and an overarching thesis sentence.
In the Egfjord and Sund (2020) articles, discussions of business model innovation (BMI) occur along with the ideas of cognitive differentiation and cognitive integration. For the first section of your paper, describe your best definition of these two concepts. Note that the 2020 “Do You See” article includes these two concepts in its abstract, but the concept terminology does not appear in either article. Thus, you might need to do more research on the terminology and consider how each article describes what the authors mean by cognition to help provide a solid pair of definitions. Cite any other source you use. This section should be no more than three paragraphs but should also include a solid explanation of what cognition means, on its own, and as used by these authors.
3. Business Model Innovation
On page 7 of the “Do You See” version of their articles, the authors ask these questions:
* “…design changes seem to be the inevitable outcome of adding business models to the organization. If this is the case, should organizational redesign actually precede BMI?”
* “Is an organization already designed to accommodate a future BMI more likely to be successful at implementing radical BMI ideas emerging from an innovation department?”
* Did you feel that either or both of their articles provided you with a solid answer to either of these questions? If yes, answer one or both of the questions and provide support to your answer.
* If no, what other information might you want or need to know to answer the questions?
In your paper, respond to the following questions.
1. What assumptions do you feel you might need to make in order to answer the questions above? Would those be necessary, sufficient, or flawed assumptions? Explain your answer.
2. Should organizational redesign precede BMI?
3. Is an organization already designed to accommodate a future BMI more likely to be successful at implementing radical BMI ideas?
This section should be about 4–6 paragraphs. Organize it in a way that you feel best provides the information logically to your reader. Use headings.
4. Ontological Humility
Review the guidelines provided by Academic Writer (Learn > Tutorials > Writing > Publishing Your Journal Article > Ethical, Legal, and Policy Requirements), about publishing the same study in two different journals. In this case, the authors have done so. Provide your opinion, based on your interpretation of the APA guidelines, as to whether the APA would feel that these authors have appropriately followed these guidelines for multiple publications of the same data. How has this double-publication lent credence to the authors’ ontological humility? Would you have considered double-publishing in this same say? If yes, why? If no, why not? Your answer to this question should be about 1–2 pages.
In the Ontological Humility media, think back to your thoughts on the Dueling Managers scenario. In that assessment, you were asked to consider three assumptions and journal about your reactions to the scenario and assumptions. In this section of your paper, answer the following questions:
1. Did you feel that the way the scenario was structured was designed to create false assumptions? Or, do you feel that the falsity of the assumptions was simply a result of the facts and how they were presented? In other words, would the same assumptions have been accurate if different facts had existed? Why or why not?
2. Explicit bias is a bias that is an open and obvious prejudice. For example, a person who has allergic reactions to dogs may have a bias against going to people’s homes with dogs. In fact, that person may allow that bias to become implicit, where they consider homes where dogs live to be dirtier than non-dog homes, or may even decide not to be friends with dog owners so that they can avoid potential allergic reactions. Less obvious biases can be more difficult to recognize in oneself. Think about some ways that you could start to recognize your own explicit or implicit biases. You do not need to list the biases here. Instead, provide at least two ways that you could start to identify and reflect on those biases. In what way might doing so lead to better decision-making as a businessperson in the future?
Your answer to these questions should be at least 3–4 pages.
Use the following headings and sub-headings in your paper, following APA formatting guidelines:
* Ontological Humility Introduction
* Cognition Differentiation and Integration
* Business Model Innovation
* Assumptions Needed to Answer the BMI Questions
* Should Organizational Redesign Precede BMI?
* Implementing BMI
* Ontological Humility
* Double-Publishing APA
* Personal View on Double-Publishing
* False Assumptions
Second or Third Submission Attempts
The second and third submission attempts require the use of the Track Changes feature in MS Word to track revisions. Make any revisions to your assessment based on feedback from your instructor. You will find an overview of the resources on the DBA Submissions Requirements page. For additional information and resources, including how to use Track Changes, see the DBA Course Submissions resource in the DBA Skills Lab.
As you complete your assessment, be sure it meets the following guidelines:
* Written communication: Use error-free doctoral-level writing, with original (non-plagiarized) content, logical phrasing, and accurate word choices.
* Scholarship: Use at least six professionally reputable sources to support your main points and analysis. Be sure to include scholarly sources. Course readings may be included among the required sources. You should do research in the Capella library or by using Google Scholar (mapping it back to the Capella Library) on topics which did not have readings associated with them (such as bias or assumptions).
* APA formatting: Use APA style, solid grammar, format, and structure, and organize with logical flow and APA headings. Include a title page with your name on the front and page numbers on the pages. All resources and citations should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting guidelines.
* Length: 4–6 (not more than 7) double-spaced pages, in addition to the cover page and reference page.
* Font and font size: Consistent, APA-compliant font, 12 point.
* Before submitting your assessment, you are required to use Recite to check that your in-text citations match the reference list at the end of your assessment. Recite also checks for stylistic errors related to referencing. Make any corrections to your assessment based on the Recite report.
* For this assessment, you are required to follow the Standard Naming Convention requirements for any files you upload. You will find the requirements in the DBA Submissions Requirements resources page. Be sure to use the naming convention in the link provided here. You can ignore the naming convention in the submission area.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment scoring guide criteria:
* Competency 1: Demonstrate written and technical communication practices geared toward professional interactions with others.
* Write an introduction that includes a hook, background, and thesis sentence.
* Convey purpose, in an appropriate tone and style, incorporating supporting evidence and adhering to organizational, professional, and scholarly writing standards.
* Integrate appropriate use of scholarly sources, evidence, and APA citation style.
* Competency 2: Appraise library resources to acquire information literacy skills, including finding published business- and research-based information.
* Define cognitive differentiation and cognitive integration including at least one outside reference.
* Competency 3: Analyze the components of a business problem.
* Analyze whether organizational redesign should precede Business Model Innovation using examples to support your analysis.
* Analyze whether an organization designed to accommodate Business Model Innovation is more likely to be successful at implementing BMI ideas using examples to support your analysis.
* Competency 4: Identify critical thinking models and practices, including the role of assumptions, in personal and business problem scenarios.
* Describe an assumption needed to answer the Business Model Innovation questions from the article including whether the assumption is necessary, sufficient, or flawed.
* Analyze the double-publishing problem aligned with APA guidelines.
* Explain why you would, or would not, consider double-publishing from the same research study.
* Analyze false assumptions from a scenario including how the scenario did or did not create false assumptions and the impact different facts may have had on those assumptions.
* Competency 6: Interpret levels of emotional intelligence, self awareness, and independence of thought through the use of reflective tools.
* Describe techniques supported by the literature to identify and reflect on personal explicit or implicit biases and tie identifying biases to better decision-making.
Munro, I. (2019, July 6). Ontology (my big word of the month) and humility. Leading Essentially. https://leadingessentially.com/2019/07/06/ontology-my-big-word-of-the-month-and-humility/
This blog introduces readers to the concept of ontological humility. The concept was penned by Fred Kofman in Conscious Business. Ontological humility is the first step to recognizing, admitting, and embracing the idea that there is more we do not know than what we know. The more we know the more we realize how little we know.
Murray, T. (2008). Exploring epistemic wisdom: Ethical and practical implications of integral theory and methodological pluralism for collaboration and knowledge-building [PDF]. Ethics
COMPANY SELECTED IS MACYS
For Part 1, describe the company that you selected, the products/services they offer, and the history of the company. Next, analyze the company’s strategy, mission, and organizational structure. In your analysis, include the information below.
What does the strategy, mission, and organizational structure say about the company?
What are the positive aspects of the strategy, mission, and organizational structure?
What are the company’s short-term and long-term goals?
What are ways to improve the strategy, mission, and organizational structure?
You will need to reference your textbook and at least one outside source for this assignment. Textbook reference below
David, F. R., David, F. R.,