Week 2: January 18-23 (Music Fundamentals cont.)
Week 3: January 24-30 (Music Fundamentals concl.) information that you deem important from the chapter reading that you do this week. Full sentences and intelligent communication are benchmarks of these weekly reports. (These brief reports appraise Professor Nordan of the fact that you have completed your weekly chapter reading each week). Use your MUSC 1100 Vocabulary list to guide you as to what to include in the Reading report 1-33 page summarize each chapter and only use vocabulary that’s listed
concert reviewConcert Review #2
You will attend a concert EITHER IN PERSON OR stream a concert(s) ONLINE. You will then write a review of that concert.
Find in person concerts HERE.
Find streaming concerts HERE.
Both Concerts MUST Be “Formal”
No stadium/festival concerts or concerts featuring pop artists (EDM, pop rock, hip hop, modern country, etc). Music should reflect the course’s content.
Appropriate genres include:
chamber music (like a string quartet or piano recital)
“world” music (i.e. Japanese classical, Indonesian gamelan, etc), experimental, etc.
Pop, rock, hip hop, reggae, and other popular style concerts, and outdoor, cafe/restaurant performances are NOT acceptable (with the exception of pop concerts on the Cuyamaca College Performing Arts Concert Series).
IN PERSON CONCERTS MUST BE PRE-APPROVED BY THE INSTRUCTOR!
THE WRITTEN REVIEW
1. Provide 1-2 paragraphs describing the concert you attended and the music performed in formal, academic language.2. Give TITLES of pieces/songs and GENRE or type of music played (jazz, baroque, opera, romantic, etc).3. Give the HISTORY of the music played.4. What instruments were played?5. Write about the performers themselves: where are they from, what is their background, what do they play?6. What is your own response to the performance and the music? Like it? Love it or Hate it? Why?7. Write about the substance of the performance and the music and your response to it ONLY. (I don’t need to know what you had for dinner or how traffic was getting to the venue.)
8. Upload your essay in PDF or DOC(X) format ONLY! You can receive a zero if I cannot read your essay.
few seconds ago
Music QuestionMusic Assignment Help 1. Choose to write your essay on either Vertigo OR Citzen Kane.
2. Answer all the prompts below for that movie.
3. Other essay requirements:
IN YOUR OWN WORDS. I want and expect student writing. Sharing essays with others constitutes cheating and will result in a zero for both parties. I will FAIL cut and paste jobs.
1-2 pages in length
12-pt Times New Roman; double spaced
Spelling, capitalization and word usage should be accurate to receive full credit.
You MUST include a Works Cited page and cite ALL sources in MLA format. You must use in-text citations.
1. Do the reading for this unit on the music of Herrmann in Vertigo. Click here to go to the reading.
Using your textbook, define “ostinato”.
How does Herrmann use ostinato – what effect does this compositional technique create in the viewer? Cite your sources.
Who was the director of Vertigo? Provide a brief bio in your own words and cite your sources.
Who was the music composer for Vertigo? Provide a brief bio in your own words and cite your sources.
2. Find the clip “Kim Novak in Vertigo (1958)”
IMPORTANT! Watch this clip TWICE. First with NO SOUND, second time WITH SOUND.
ANSWER: After watching the clip without – then WITH sound – what information does the music give you about the characters that you would not know otherwise (there is no dialogue in this scene).
3. Find the clip “Vertigo (10/11) Movie CLIP – Judy Becomes Madeleine (1958)” on the Viewing and Listening page in the Unit: Movie Music 1
Watch the entire clip.
ANSWER: How does Herrmann’s music work in this scene? At what point in the action does the music reach its high point? How is this reflected in the visual (the lighting effects in particular?) Cite your sources.
1. Read the synopsis here (Links to an external site.).
2. Read about the musical score here (Links to an external site.).
3. Read about the composer here (Links to an external site.).
4. Watch the Breakfast Scene cliphere (Links to an external site.)
5. Answer the following prompts in an essay.
Who was the director of Citizen Kane? Provide a brief bio in your own words and cite your sources.
Who was the music composer for Citizen Kane? Provide a brief bio in your own words and cite your sources.
Describe the music IN THE CLIP PROVIDED ABOVE during each of the following time segments. What is happening in the scene at each point? How does the music support the dialogue? (Times below refer to the Breakfast Montage clip above.)
9 mins ago
Five-page [1200-1400 words maximum] expository essay on any topic in music. Choosing a topic is part of the assignmentFive-page [1200-1400 words maximum] expository essay on any topic in music.
Choosing a topic is part of the assignment so give it good thought.
Based on multiple reading sources if research is needed, otherwise write from your experiences.
Addresses at least one of the following diversity issues:
race, gender, culture (national origin, ethnicity, religion), social class, age, sexual orientation, and disability.
Questions about writing and documentation:
Refer to the MLA or APA handbook for questions pertaining to writing.
For references use traditional sources and the Internet.
List sources including hyperlinks quoted in your paper as endnotes*.
List references read but not used in a bibliography*.
Use 12-point Courier or 12-point Times Roman or 12-point Garamond, double-spaced.
Use quotes for titles of a song or short musical composition, italics for a long musical composition.
A musical composition–
Mozart: Wolfgang Amadeus. Piano Concerto no. 20 in D Minor, K. 466.
Ozawa, Seiji, cond. Boston Symphony Orch. Concert. Symphony Hall,
. 25 Apr. 2001.
Mitchell, Joni. For the Roses. Asuyum. 1972
Make your subject your own. Pick a subject you care about so that your writing is worthwhile for you and your readers.
Explore you subject in writing. List your ideas or write them out in sentences. Try to get flow in your writing.
Focus your ideas. What is the central idea or question you want to answer?
Research your subject. Get ideas about the sound of the music, the meaning of the music, its history, its composer, its cultural background from outside sources and listen to the music so that you can put your own ideas into your paper.
Draft, revise, edit and proofread your paper.
We Offer Fast, Confidential Academic Writing Services
Get assignment help from the best academic help website. We have professors and expert writers ready to help you beat deadlines and score A+ grades.
We write all kinds of assignments. We offer high-quality online academic writing services on any subject.
· Essay Writing Help
· Assignment Help
· Homework Help
· Case Study writing help
· Research Paper help
· Research Proposal writing help
· Online Exam and quiz assistance
· Dissertation Writing Service
· Thesis Writing Help
Need other services? Contact us for a quote.
We cover all subjects, including
· Computer science
· Information technology
· Social sciences
· Physical sciences
Yes. Expect high-quality assignment solutions along with their detailed explanations as part of your order. In line with our plagiarism-free policy, your completed order will include a free copy of the Turnitin report to verify that the content is original and custom-written for you.
· We provide correctly completed papers that meet all the criteria and instructions.
· Properly researched content that meets the expectations of your instructors.
· You get to work with a highly dedicated professional that can guarantee your success from the word go.
Yes. We ensure timely delivery of all custom papers you order to ensure that you never miss your deadlines.
Contact us any time via WhatsApp, live chat, or email. We have a dedicated round-the-clock customer support service with a highly experienced team specially trained to answer all your queries.
Communicate directly with your writer and get frequent updates on your order.
We have top-notch experts to help you achieve top grades: – All our assignment writers are native English speakers; have PhDs or Masters; possess in-depth knowledge of appropriate writing and formatting styles such as APA, MLA, Harvard, Chicago, AMA and more; and adhere to the highest standards to deliver well-written A+ assignments.
• Native writers
• Subject-matter experts
• Academic veterans
o Former students
• Industry professionals
The most affordable pricing for high-quality assignment help services: from just $7 per page.
· Get the best assignment help at the best prices in the market!
· Get any revisions free of charge.
Get high-quality custom papers at affordable prices from our expert writers.
- Free revision
- Free plagiarism check
- Free title page
- Free formatting
- Free bibliography
- Free simple outline (on request)
- 100% confidentiality
- BA, MA, and PhD degree writers
- No Plagiarism
- 24/7/365 Customer Support
- Quality research and writing
- No hidden charges
- Never resold works
- 100% authenticity
- Secure payment processing
Essay Writing at Profs Only
Review This Service